Wednesday, November 16, 2011

First Visit To The Dentist!

June 2, 2011

J.J. and Bailey had their first visit to the dentist office. We took them to a pediatric dentist and for the most part they really liked it. They loved the waiting room. J.J. was so excited that there was a train table to play with, and Bailey loved looking out the submarine window.



J.J. did very well considering he has a really sensitive gag reflex. They were able to get most the x-rays they needed. He also did very well while they were cleaning his teeth and while the Dentist was looking at his teeth. I was so proud of how well he did, but not to proud to say that he had three cavities! No fun! I really do brush his teeth morning and night, but he still had cavaties.


Bailey was a little more scared, but she did let them do a quick little cleaning and let the Dentist look at her teeth as well.


We had to come back the next week to get J.J's cavities fixed. We decided that since he has such a sensitive gag reflex we would opt to sedate him a little. Well, lets just say he was a fighter. He fought the medicine they gave him and he was kicking and screaming. Good thing I am a nurse and am use to holding kids down when needed, because if not I probably would have had a little melt down. He fought us really hard until they turned on the gas and then he was able to relax. when he started coming out of the sedation and waking up once again he was a wild man. At that point I understood why they tell you to bring two adults to the appointment. Man, that was quite the experience. It took all my muscles and all the strength I had to put him in his car seat. I figured since the dentist was only about two minutes from my house he would be fine on the ride home. Boy was I wrong. He managed to kick and squeeze his way out of his car seat and make his way up to the drivers seat. As I am trying to drive, some how his pants and underwear came off as he got out of his car seat so he was sitting butt naked on my lap with his butt straight in the air kicking and screaming. I was just hoping and praying that we would make it home without seeing a cop or anyone I knew. When we pulled up to the house and my mom and my sister came out they were wondering what in the world was going on. Poor thing did not know what was going on or what he wanted. It was quite the experience and I hope that we won't have to do that again any time soon!

1 comments:

danny.des.jack.nora said...

Brittany, I was seriously laughing me head off reading that! Not funny for you but I can only imagine my own thoughts if that was jack. Oh man. Anyway, great dentist huh? Jack just went and saw him also just a few months ago and he LOVED the train set too. Excited to see you guys tomorrow!