Monday, April 9, 2012

Bearing Testimony

My handsome boys. 
I am so proud of this little man.  It was fast and testimony today and he leaned over to his dad and asked if he could go up!  Of course Josh said yes, and thought he was going to have to go with him to help.  We have never really taught J.J. how to bear his testimony, or even asked if he wanted to go up, so when he asked us we were a little surprised.  After waiting a few minutes he told us that he didn't want us to go up with him to help.  He wanted to go all by himself.  Oh man, I was so nervous.  I didn't want my little guy to get up there and get too nervous to say anything (because that is definitely something that would happen to me)!  So, as soon as it was time he darted up to the stage as fast as his little legs could get him up there!  When he got up on the stage their were already quite a few people up there waiting so he went and sat on the second row and patiently waited his turn.  As he is being a reverent little man patiently waiting his turn, I am having a little panic attack in my chair.  I am wondering how is he going to know when its his turn?  How is he going to know what to say?  What if he needs help and we are not up there?  And a million other thoughts that are going through my mind.  It is finally his turn and he walks up to the microphone like he knows exactly what to do!  Then his little testimony goes a little something like this, "Dear Heavenly father, I love my mom and dad.  I love the Book of Mormon and I know its true.  I love Jesus, and I love Jesus Christ.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."  I was so proud of him.  Although, we do need to teach him he is not saying a prayer up there, he was so brave and has such a big testimony for such a little boy.  He always wants to say prayers in church, he LOVES primary and always has to sit on the front row on the end chair so he is directly in the front and center so he can see everything.  He always is telling us that he is a missionary and wants to go teach like his daddy does.  He truly teaches me so much for being such a little boy.  His pure innocence and love for Jesus and the scriptures touches my heart.  I am so blessed to have such a sweet spirit in my home that reminds me everyday how blessed I am.  I love you J.J. for the sweet little boy you are and the pure Love and enthusiasm you already have for the scriptures.  You really are exactly like your daddy, and trust me that is a very good thing.  Love you.

0 comments: