Thursday, August 21, 2008

Surprise!!

So my mom had been planning on coming to visit us for a while now and little did I know that Heather and Bentley would be joining her. My mom had told me that she was bringing Jr. a surprise, but wow was I surprised when I saw that Heather and Bentley were it. My mom distracted me at the airport with her luggage while Heather and the baby snuck up behind me. I guess they had been planning this for about two months. Boy did they sure keep a good secret. I had no idea. I was getting so sad since I had not met Heather's little girl and knew that I would not be going home until Christmas. This was the best surprise I could have asked for. Thanks mom and Heather you are the best.

They were here for a week and man did time just fly. We enjoyed each others company, went to six flags, swimming, shopping, and as always ate way to much. It was so nice to have them in town to watch and spend time with Jr. while I was at work. It was also nice to finally be able to take an uninteruppted nap! Thanks mom!

Meeting Bentley for the very first time! She is sooo cute and even cuter in person. I could not believe how little she seemed. I swear that Jr. was never that small even though he was. It is so sad that you already start to forget how small they were.





Josh meeting Bentley for the first time!



It was so fun to get these two little ones together. I can not wait until they are actually old enough to run around and play together. It is going to be so much fun. Jr. didn't always know what to think of Bentley especially when she would cry. He would just look at her like what is that and why is she making so much noise. It was so cute.



Don't we just look like a cute little family? I think it is time for another one!! Just kidding I think we will hold off on that for a little longer! Isn't it sad that my sister's baby looks more like mine then my own son does? He sure does take after his daddy.



Bentley is so cute that I think I will start claiming her as mine.



We loved having Grandma and Heather here. They were both afraid that Jr. would not remember them but I am pretty sure he remembered them both. How could he forget them?! He was all smiles when he saw them and he even shared some of his cute giggles with them too!





We went and enjoyed the sun and warm weather at the pool one day. Bentley enjoyed the water and was looking very sexy in her little bikini. Isn't she just the cutest little thing ever. Oh I wish I could just squeeze her right now.




One night we decided it would be fun to put them in the bath together! They loved it. Jr. didn't quite know what to think about Bentley, but they both love the bath so the extra company was an extra plus!





Aren't those just some of the cutest little bums!! Every time we would lay the next to each other Jr. would have to take Bentley out with his arms. This time I think he was actually trying to hug and love her:)



While they were in town we decided to take a trip to six flags and take advantage of our season passes. We were there all day long and both the babies did so good. We had a blast and I think the little kiddos did too! We did get some pretty funny looks when just one of us would stay with the babies while everyone else would go on the rides. You could tell people were trying to figure out how in the heck we could have two babies so close in age!





Just as we were leaving the park we decided to take Jr. on his very first ride ever!! He was so cute and loved it! I made Josh take him on it twice because the first time I could not manage to get any good pictures. I can not wait for next year when he really can enjoy all the little kid rides! It will be so much fun!





Jr. and Bentley's first time on the carousel!!





We were lucky enough to get a little visit from my brother Brock on his was home to Utah and then again on his way back out to work in Louisiana. Although it was very short we, enjoyed every minute of it. We hope he can do it again soon. Brock and Chantelle just decided that they will be moving to Corpus Cristi for Brock's job and we are so excited to have some family somewhat close to us. We are also excited that it is by the beach.. I plan on making frequent visits to see them and visit the beach so I hope they don't get sick of us!!

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEghThpZBBxiwddGiMXUOXah7oguBcrzV5uM9_7sCOqJRjEJuEF50R_nRQoFn05ZCnM4t4rvt5Pqiq78ZAIRrzLCBe93GxxW80HXBnKawhXFnb5pPJ6xO9smiK_RaXPQc8OONIaHLegw75o/s1600-h/DSC01130.JPG">

18 comments:

Shana said...

I was sooo happy that it ended up being a good surprise! I thought for sure you would find out!! That is sooo fun Britt and I am so happy that you guys had a blast. But of course you would! ;) Those pictures are adorable and what cute cousins they are!! It will be even more fun in Dec and then even more fun the next time... It will only get better and better! I am sure they will the best of friends like you and Heather are! Love you! BTW, JOSH IS A HUNK! He is growing way too fast!!!! Sad.:(
Sorry Josh sr, I am talking about Josh Jr. :)

Chantell and Brock said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! We for sure won't get sick of you guys visiting us! It will be so much fun to see little Joshy at the beach!

Wilson Family said...

Those pictures are so cute, Josh is getting so big! Can't wait to see you guys again! Your mom may have already told you but Brandon's surgery is on Wednesday the 27th. He completely tore & detached his ACL and fractured the top of his Tibia. We are becoming experts at all of this!

Jared and Shalynn said...

What a fun surprise! They are the cutest little cousins. I love all the pics of them together. My kids don't have any first cousins their age so it makes me a little jealous :). And I can feel for you when you said your own son looks nothing like you.....my kids look nothing like me and are 100% Jared. Oh well maybe the next one right :).

Kelly said...

oh my gosh, those pics are SO cute! Those two little ones are just SO adorable! I cant get over how much Jr looks like his dad! My husband is a JR as well and he looks JUST like HIS dad.. weird! Isnt it SO fun having family in town? i miss mine

Stan & Ash said...

oh my gosh josh jr and bently's pics are so freaking cute!! I'm glad that you guys had a fun week! We are dissapointed that we ddin't see another trip to sprinkles in those pics though...

The Higginson's said...

That is such a fun suprise! Your family is the sweetest ever! Josh Jr is getting so big. When I saw him he was just as little as your little neice. They are darling little cousins!

Anonymous said...

Britt those are so precious. Hold onto every minute that you can and enjoy!! I love and miss you all so much. Aunt Bridge

J and Stac said...

FUN!! What a great surprise! Looks like you girls had a blast. That is fun that Josh and Bentley got to spend all those firsts together! I need your address so I can send you a wedding announcement, just email it to me blackett43@hotmail.com.

Natasia said...

Aww...the kids are soooo cute! Yes, Heather's girl looks more like you than your own son...but that's okay. I bet your girls will look just like you! I miss you! I can't believe how big Josh Jr is. They grow so fast. sad :(
So I hear you are coming out for Christmas? Let me know when and what your plans are. We need to all get toghether. I'd love to have a get together with everyone. Tell Josh Sr hello. Love you guys.

Ashley said...

She is a doll! What a fun surprise.

I love the picture in the bath where she is just leaning into jr...so cute!

Courtney said...

she is a doll! and you are right she definitley looks like you!

Eileen said...

What a fun surprise to find a cute comment from you on my blog!!! How the heck are you guys? Your baby is soooooooooo cute. It looks like you are all happy and well.

Joe & Ashley are fine. Still in Orem. No blog. Ashley says she will when they have kids. They are still waiting for the stork to bring one. :(

Love you guys!

The Daley Fam said...

That is so fun your family came to see you. I bet you had so much fun. Your niece is so pretty! That's going to be so fun having her and Josh so close in age.

Andy and Mallory: said...

Hey! Little Josh is all growed up! (Weird!) Your baby is so cute!! He really is a Josh Jr. Looks like you're doing good out in Texas. I love that you guys post a ton of pictures. We definitely need to improve on that. Keep in touch!

Auger Family said...

I loves surprises like that! And yes she looks more like you than your son LOL! You will get a dark haired one soon enough! And I love the picture when you and your hubby are holding both kids. How much longer will you leave in Texas?

Smith said...

Hey I added you to my bog. Yours is way cute. See ya around neibhor

Justin...&...Andrea said...

Hey Brit, I can't believe how big Josh Jr. is getting! He is so cute...I can't believe how much he looks like your hubby! ; ) What a little stud! How are you guys doing in Texas? Did I tell you we found out we are having girl??