Saturday, August 2, 2008

I love my husband!

Ok, I just have to start this out by saying how much I love my husband and am so glad he is always keeping me laughing!



So with gas prices being so high I am always waiting until the last minute to fill my car up with gas because it is just so depressing how much money I spend. To make the long story short I decided that the next time I left the house filling up with gas would be the first thing that I would do. I went home and took a nap and while I was napping Josh took the baby to the doctor. Well, he decides to take my car and of course i am sleeping so I can't tell him he needs to get gas first thing. I wake up from my nap and I have about five missed calls and a bunch of messages. Yes, you guessed right. He ran out of gas. My poor husband had to haul the baby in his car seat to the gas station and back in the sweltering hot heat of Texas. As soon as he was almost back to the car a nice fire man stopped to help. (and to take this funny picture!) I am sure Josh was just wanting to kill me, but I must say that he was not even mad or rude about it. I am so sorry honey! I guess I learned my lesson that I probably always should keep the gas tank half full because if that would have been me I would of been very upset!



This picture was taken last Sunday just as Josh was getting ready to head out the door to go home teaching. As he was leaving I just cracked up laughing. He was wondering what the heck I was laughing at. I gave in and asked him if he was going to go home teaching with his pant leg tucked into his sock! He looked down and busted up laughing too. I really wanted to just let him go looking like that but decided to be a nice wife and let him know! Thanks honey for the good laugh. I sure do love you.



My cute Boys. I love them so much!

14 comments:

Lissa Leigh said...

Okay, I was laughing SO HARD at this post! First, the gas story. Hilarious! I think Beau may have killed me if I did that! That's nice that Josh was okay with everything. What a good sport! Also, the pant leg tucked into his sock was SO FUNNY! That picture just makes me crack up! You guys are SO cute together. We miss you tons! We'll be in Utah next week for my sisters wedding. I wish we were up there the same time darnit! Hope all is well with your cute little family! Josh Jr. is ADORABLE!!!!

Jim Slavens For Mayor said...

How funny! How cute! I bet he got a lot of laughs on the highway too! How cute! Brittany and Josh you are so cute together! You make the perfect family! Your awesome! How funny! Love and Hugs Ma and Pa Redd

Chantell and Brock said...

That is so funny but that would have sucked! I would have been like you & so mad but Brock would have been like josh & like whatever. You have a darling family britt! Perfect!

Ashley said...

Oh man I would have been so upset if I was in that situation! What a good sport Josh is! That is for sure going to be a story to tell when Josh Jr gets older!

Josh is still making the same poses he made in junior high! LOL Some things never change...haha!

Anonymous said...

That is So Funny!! What a good husband!! He hasn't changed a bit has he? He always had the best attitude about things and is so fun to be around. I bet you are never bored. That is great!! Brit you are darling to. I absolutely love your hair! Luv - Beth

The Vavras said...

I think that is one of Josh's best qualities. I don't know that I've ever heard him complain about anything! I wish I was more like that! I'm not sure who I feel worse for though... Josh having to haul the baby back and forth in the hot sun, or the baby who's probably never had to be out in this heat for more than 5 minutes thinking, "What the heck happened to my air conditioning???!!?" Poor guys! HA!

Clint & Hailey said...

Oh my! That is one funny story! I couldn't stop laughing!!

Shana said...

HOW CUTE!!! I love how Josh always keeps things interesting and always funny. I love you guys so much! I love to see you together. You are right, I would have been mad if I were Josh, but he loves his Brittany way too much!! :) He is so good to you! What a cute husband!! Keep the funny posts coming!! Tell Josh he is the best!

The Daley Fam said...

I was laughing so hard when I read this story I had to go get Jordan. I wish I could've seen Josh walking down the road when he ran out of gas. I'm glad the fireman was there to take a picture. That's hilarious. It sounds like he was a pretty good sport about it too. Oh and you totally should have let him leave the house with his pant leg tucked in his sock. That's awesome!

Wendi said...

Oh my gosh, I laughed so hard when I read both stories! Josh is such a good sport. At least is wasn't you, right?

Kevin, Amber & Jake said...

k that picture of josh w his pants in his sock is just too funny! we were cracking up! and i love that the fireman took a pic of him!

Anonymous said...

Josh you are hilarious!!! What a good daddy you are, and good sport! We love and miss you guys! Hope things are good and you all are doing well! We sure miss Jr.!!! Can't wait to see him!!!

Clint & Hailey said...

Just like everyone else I thought that story was hilarious! Josh your such a trooper! Hey Brit will you give Whitney Daley my e-mail address I want to see her blog so bad! hayzer.robinson@gmail is the one my blog is under! Thank you! Jr. is getting so big I can't believe it! Hope all is well in Texas!

Aubrey & Garrett Frei said...

That is hilarious!!! I always give Garrett a hard time about his gas tank because everytime I get in to drive it the gas light is on! The worst is -he has one of those things that tell you how many miles till empty - and I got in one day to run errands ONE mile till empty. I'm lucky I even got to the gas station.